header image

This is the quote that inspires this blog.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My teacher made me do it! (An Introduction)

     Greetings and good day. My name is Michael Hansen and, if you are reading this, you have stumbled across my blog. You may or may not have questions at the moment; please allow me to address some of them now, as a means of introduction.

   Michael, who are you?
     I am a 27-year-old student enrolled at Western Technical College,

   Michael, how long have you been writing?
     While the answer – technically – would be ‘since Kindergarten,’ as I learned the fundamentals of my terrible penmanship, the actual answer would be 5th grade. During the school week, my sister and I would wait to be picked up and taken home at the café on Main Street; while there, we would sip coffee and both work on our novels – she in voluminous, multi-subject notebooks and I on napkins with a pencil I had pilfered from a nearby art station for children. While I never finished that first novel, I have continued writing creatively and for my own pleasure ever since.
   Michael, what are your interests?
     Well, as you can see from the title of my blog, music is a fundamental part of every day for me. I listen to music while writing, while playing World of Warcraft, while driving around the scenic Coulee region of Western Wisconsin, or while relaxing at home with a good book or a new video game.  In addition to music performance and consumption, my interests include acting, comedy, movie-going and taking extensive trips when possible.
   Michael, how about your family?
     My family is in the rural area near La Crosse.  My father is a retired air balancer (yes, it is as cool as it sounds) and my mother is a library media coordinator for a nearby school district.  Both have college educations - the former in Geology, the latter in Music and Library Media. My sister, also college educated, majored in Math and now does complex statistical analysis that I would speak more in-depth here except it would likely bore you to tears and excite me to near-palpitation.  She is married to a scruffy and calm man I am glad to call my brother-in-law and they have an incredible daughter whom I will heretofore refer to as Lucy-monster.
   Michael, what are your current projects?
     Currently, I am writing songs for an emo project with a friend of mine in Milwaukee, transcribing a set of novels which I hope some day to publish, and both writing and casting plays to be presented either on stage or Youtube.

     Thus concludes my primary introduction.  Should you feel I've glossed over or missed entire sections of detail about myself, please leave any comments or questions and I’ll be sure to address them as best I can.  Have a great day, because I know I will.
    -Michael D Hansen

3 comments:

  1. You have a lot of cool hobbies, good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mike, you seem to like to write which is a good thing for this class. You are a very busy man Mike, and I look forward to learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just tell by your first blog that you are going to have some very interesting things to say. I look forward to hearing your side of things and whats going on with you.

    ReplyDelete